Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rose Water

So tonight I made my very own rose water. I actually felt like I channeled my dad for this project. We used to do chemistry projects together when I was a kid, make slime and all sorts of fun stuff. So to make the rose water I used the following items:

-1 bouquet of roses
-1 brick or stone
-3 trays of ice
-water
-1 large pot
-1 small bowl
-small jar to bottle finished rose water




Some of the items you will need



Place the brick in the bottom of the pot. Measure out 8 cups of rose petals and cover the bottom of the pot. Fill pot with water until rose petals are covered.



Make sure Petals are completely covered.




Place smaller bowl into the pot. This is where the rose water collects.




Place the top of the pot on upside down. Turn the burner on high until water begins to boil. Once the water is boiling place ice cubes on the top and reduce the water to a simmer.

After 20 minutes take the lid off and scoop out some of the rose water. Repeat this every 20 minutes until you have filled you jar!


Then just bottle and use as a perfume, room spray, face cleanser, pretty much anything, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment